Yes, here I am again! I was pressed for time yesterday and realised I’d forgotten to post my last sewing project here. This is the McCall’s 7093 raglan-sleeved tunic that I wanted to test out for a basic raglan pattern for woven fabrics. I already have my TNT Lane Raglan for knits. I’m not sure I really got the best test with the fabric I used however. It’s a rayon crinkle and I pressed it quite thoroughly before I cut it out. I’m afraid it’s going to shrinkle right back up again the next time I wash this tunic!
The fabric is not really brown. The warp is black and the weft is rusty orange but your eye blends them together! The pattern was quite difficult to figure out the fit changes I needed to make. (Yay, Big 4.) I ended up with a size 10 at the neck/shoulders/sleeves and graded out to a 14 at the bust and somewhere out past the edge to about a size 18 at the hip. It was quite a lot more slender than I am! I also made the longer tunic version but added the pockets by lengthening them to the hem. It turned out okay.
Not fantastic but absolutely wearable. It’s light and airy and I’m sure I’ll have occasion to wear it a lot more this summer. Right now it’s actually too cool – except on those occasions when the sun peeks out and then it gets much warmer. June Gloom. Gotta love it.
The upper part fits pretty well so I know I’m going to use this pattern again, perhaps the version with the slits and/or the longer sleeves. Or maybe a completely different style from the underarms down. We’ll see. It won’t be for awhile though since I have lots of other sewing in the queue including 3 more items already cut out.